Have you thought about participating in Camp, but never really understood what it was about?
Have you thought about participating in Camp, but don’t know how to start a cabin or get other people involved?
Have you thought about participating in Camp, but haven’t found the time in previous years and want to this year?
Have you already decided you are participating in Camp and you’re all set to go?
Now’s your time!
The great thing about Camp vs traditional November NaNoWriMo is you set your own goal. Can’t do 50k in April? Set your goal for 30k… or 20k… or even 10k. Or, you could use Camp to work on a project you’ve already started. Use the goal to revise/edit your work through April. The sky’s the limit!
Other than setting your own goal, what else is different about Camp?
- It’s in April, not November. LOL!
- You will use the Camp NaNoWriMo website.
- Instead of being set up in Regions, you are set up in Cabins.
- You can choose to create a cabin and set it up with people you know,
- You can choose to join someone else’s cabin of people you know, or
- You can choose to have the system place you in a random cabin and get to meet some new people!
- You will use the same login for the Camp NaNoWriMo website as you use on the main NaNoWriMo site.
- You will check in with word count updates (daily is preferred, but not required).
- You “win” when you reach your goal.
- There ARE Winner Goodies!
- You can choose to enter your project information (synopsis, title, working cover, etc.).
- We DO have a regional write-in (Friday nights at 8pm at Perkins Restaurant on Colorado Blvd & I-25)!